Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Knock knock it's 2am and other such things

Jaded this evening. My 4 year old chose 2am as a special time for sharing her new repertoire of knock knock and other jokes. Whilst it was utterly sweet and charming (yes, even at 2am) it has left me just an eensy weensy bit tired and grumpy today.

Just had a conversation about swimming lessons with my 7 year old. I was trying to persuade her that she only needed to believe in herself a little more. Rather rich coming from me really but anyway the sentiment was heartfelt.

"I was watching you at the end of the lesson and I could see you trying ever so hard and then grabbing for the side. It was as if I could see you thinking that you can't do it even though you can."

"That wasn't what I was thinking about mummy. I was thinking about willies."

"Willies?" (Trying not to hyperventilate now.)

"Yes, it's just that I always see so many of them at swimming."

Heaven help me.

5 comments:

nowoman7 said...

sounds like you need to
build muscle fast so you can get the energy to keep up with those kids and that hamster - LOL

workingberlinmum said...

My little one can't properly talk yet and I often wonder what kind of conversations we will have in the next years. Now I know! Eek!

Mason Carten said...

Your website keeps getting better and better! I’ve been following your posts for a while. But now we miss you...

Aina Siao said...

Wow! It's good to hear that you're giving your children positive thoughts. Thanks for sharing this cute story. painting melbourne

Lester King said...

Great blog! I like all the information that’s being shared, congratulations. More power and have a great day! Marie Greenhalgh