Monday, 15 November 2010

Come Dine With Me

Things you don't expect to hear from a seven year old: "Mummy, will you come and play 'come dine with me'?"

"Erm, ok, how do we play that then?"
"Well I have to pretend to make you a dinner and then when you're in your taxi going home you give me marks out of ten for how good the dinner was."

I'm pretty out of touch with tv at the moment but apparently she's watched this programme at her grandparents house.

"So what's for dinner then?"
"To start with I've made a special sandwich. It's mustard - pause - hummous - pause - and there's icing on the top."
"Yes well it's definitely not like any sandwich I've ever had before. Mmmm. What's next?"
"Next I made pizza with fruit and vegetables. Some of the fruits are a bit unusual."
"Nice, thanks."
"And for pudding I've made a cake that looks like a torch." (handing me a torch)

I gave her 8/10 for the sandwich, purely for originality, 6/10 for the pizza as the unusual fruits didn't go down so well and 10/10 for the cake, just because cake is cake after all.

No comments: