Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Communication

I need to work on my personal communication skills.

Ironic, given that I have spent the last 11 years working in various sections of the communications industry. My CV claims that my written and verbal communication skills are second to none.

However, it seems my personal and working life continue to be hampered by a long-standing inability to make people understand what I want.

Somehow I am perfectly able to turn other people's stories into readable prose but trying to ensure others get me is where I fall down.

Today was a perfect example. I won't bore you with the details of my employment situation, suffice it to say I am not exactly feeling on top of the world. Time to move on definitely. All I need to do now is work out where to.

2 comments:

Half Mum Half Biscuit said...

You'll get there! It is hard, but where would the fun be otherwise! May the force be with you (the force being all the power behind all the single mums in the world who perform feats of magic on a daily basis!). Take care x

beingmumbeingme said...

Thank you, am loving the positive single parenting messages out there in the blogosphere at the moment, it's amazing how much support you can get from a bunch of people you've never met x