Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Rescue Princess

I am a little over-excited about my daughters' new favourite dressing up character. It seems that five year old has invented 'Rescue Princess' (to be read in a superheroine fashion with one fist in the air and and an aura of confidence of the type that comes from being invincible). I believe I have mentioned before that my girls love all the sparkly pink stuff that comes with being young and female these days and sometimes I get more than a little irritated by the simpering 'princess' tones and attitudes that seem to accompany this pinkness. So I am very pleased that 'Rescue Princess' has appeared. She seems capable of pretty much anything you would expect from a superhero, and is especially fond of conquests that involve dragons. Let's hope she sticks around for a while.

2 comments:

kate.hodgins said...

Perhaps it's about time to start introducing Pippi Longstocking into the bed time literature...

Sally said...

excellent - let me know if you can think of any more feisty female characters for our mutual enlightenment x