Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Questions, questions, questions

"Mummy, how do you make everything in the world?"; asked by my five year old this morning before leaving for school.
"Well, (think quickly now) Everything is made differently so that is a very hard question to answer honey."
"Oh. Well, how do you make this then?" You might think that would have made it easier, shame she happened to be holding a boomerang at the time.

Walking to school we had an even more surreal three-way conversation. Five year old was telling me about the 'Mona Lisa' and how it was painted by a man called Leonardo hundreds of years ago: "Why did some people live hundreds of years ago mummy?"
Answers on a postcard please.
In the other ear (simultaneously, obviously): "Mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, I saw a digger."
Cool. I love it. Wish I had the capacity to remember it all, every single word of every single day.

2 comments:

San said...

Oh, I remember those impossible-to-answer questions. If I had an answer, it would inevitably lead to another question! But the dialogues would be lively. Enjoy...

Ruth Goodwin said...

Ha ha, I get lots of those too Sally, guess it's good that they have enquiring minds! They seem to be able to pick a moment when you're your brain's not quite firing on all cylinders though don't they!? Rx